Hypertension, or high blood pressure, suffer from many people. Man can long not feel any symptoms of the disease, but as a silent killer, can do much harm to the whole body, in violation of the arteries, heart, kidneys, eyes.
Hypertension is diagnosed when systolic blood pressure greater than or equal to 140 mmHg and diastolic – greater than or equal to 90 mm Hg. Aging of the blood pressure tends to increase.
Common man besimatuojantis blood pressure at home, notes that the results can vary even within a few minutes.
That’s the advice provide the American Academy of Family Physicians for those who want to try on the proper blood pressure at home:
1. Do not sources of caffeine, alcohol, or tobacco by at least 30 minutes prior to blood pressure measurement.
2. Go to the toilet and empty your bladder before measuring blood pressure.
3. 3-5 minutes to relax, calm down and the only measure blood pressure. Do not talk.
4. Sit comfortable support for your back, nesukryžiuokite their feet or hands.
5. In his left hand to hold the heart level, placed on the table, do not move.
6. The cuff has firmly rest on the bare hand. However neperspauskite – then it should still fit one finger.
7. The bottom edge of the cuff should be at least 2 cm from the elbow bend.
How can lower high blood pressure?
Scientists have long proven that changes in lifestyle plays a very important role in the regulation of blood pressure. It is recommended to reduce salt intake, stop smoking, eat more plant foods, regular exercise or do exercise, reduce overweight, controlling stress.
It was found that oily fish such as sardines, mackerel, salmon, the omega-3 fatty acids reduces the moderate increase in blood pressure.
Apple bark is rich in cholesterol-lowering fiber – pectin and flavonoids, which protect the blood vessels from narrowing.
Scientific studies have shown that regular meditation can help manage hypertension. So create your own rituals: carefully comb their hair or rub the cream on your hands or feet. Or simply repeat the mantra with closed eyes and relaxed. Be attentive – means to listen to their feelings at that moment (touch, smell, sound).
Regular physical activity — at least 30 minutes most days of the week — can lower your blood pressure by 4 to 9 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). It’s important to be consistent because if you stop exercising, your blood pressure can rise again.
If you have slightly high blood pressure (prehypertension), exercise can help you avoid developing full-blown hypertension. If you already have hypertension, regular physical activity can bring your blood pressure down to safer levels.
The best types of exercise for lowering blood pressure include walking, jogging, cycling, swimming or dancing. Strength training also can help reduce blood pressure. Talk to your doctor about developing an exercise program.
Limit the amount of alcohol you drink
Alcohol can be both good and bad for your health. In small amounts, it can potentially lower your blood pressure by 2 to 4 mm Hg.
But that protective effect is lost if you drink too much alcohol — generally more than one drink a day for women and for men older than age 65, or more than two a day for men age 65 and younger. One drink equals 12 ounces of beer, five ounces of wine or 1.5 ounces of 80-proof liquor.
Drinking more than moderate amounts of alcohol can actually raise blood pressure by several points. It can also reduce the effectiveness of blood pressure medications.
- Researchers Use ‘Flash’ to Turn Plastic Trash and Food Waste into Valuable Material
- Do You Like Yourself?
- Karl Marx POLITICAL THEORY
- Edible Water Balls
- MOST EXPENSIVE MATERIALS IN THE WORLD
- Why We Should Treat Our Partners Like Small Children
- Don’t drink another drop of water until you see this!
- Weird Things Found On Ebay