It can be very hard to detect just how much our judgement is constantly affected by our feelings. We should – at points – take care to be very sceptical of our first impulses.
It’s easy to grow up with a benign sense that our minds broadly offer us a reliable impression of ourselves, the people around us and the world at large. What we see, think and feel can be counted upon to amount to a more or less accurate picture of reality. We can call this optimistic thesis the ‘clear pane’ theory of the mind, implying that we are able to look out onto the world pretty much as if through an undistorted and blemish-free pane of glass…
- Don’t drink another drop of water until you see this!
- Remove dental plaque in just 2 minutes, try this rinse liquid!
- Drink it every morning. The weight will drop by itself
- Artist make pipe music on the streets
- What Animal Are You?
- Why Nice People Are Scary The Sad Truth
- 10 Strangest Planets In Space
- Endless hot water without electricity